Monday 27 October 2014

Magneto Corsets Cure Mind-Wandering

From Woman's Own, 10th October 1914.



TO EVERY WOMAN WHO WEARS A CORSET.

AN IMPORTANT FREE TRIAL OFFER BY MR. AMBROSE WILSON OF HIS FASHIONABLE MAGNETO CORSET.

New Fashion CORSET that CURES ILLNESS AND RESTORES VITAL ENERGY sent to ANY ADDRESS for1/- ONLY.

I WANT every lady who reads this to know that she can have at once a pair of my beautiful "New Model" (Gold Medal) Magneto Corsets sent direct to her address in return for a Postal Order for 1/-

The price of my Corsets is not pounds, it is only shillings.  The price is 5/11, but I do not ask you to send me that amount.  All I ask is that you send me a Postal Order for 1/-, and by return of post I will send you a pair of my Magneto Corsets that will fit you like a glove.  It will be a red-letter day to you the day you receive the Corsets, because it will be the beginning of new life.

The joy of New Life, of New Health, and New Vigour thrills through every nerve, You feel a different woman.  Your outlook upon life is different, brighter, happier, and more hopeful.

A NEW & FASHIONABLE (GOLD MEDAL) CORSET THAT POSITIVELY CURES COMPLAINTS WILL BE  SENT AT  ONCE TO  EVERY LADY WHO FILLS IN THE FORM ATTACHED AND ENCLOSES   A 1/- POSTAL ORDER.

Remember that my Magneto Corsets are Nature's Remedy for Rheumatism, Gout, Sciatica, Lumbago, Nervous Troubles, Mind-Wandering, Loss of Will Power, Involuntary Blushing, and scores of similar Ailments, and I place it in your hands, to test for yourself, for the trifling outlay of 1/-.  Does not this show that I have faith in what my Corsets can do for you?

THE AMBROSE WILSON MAGNETO CORSET
CURES—Nervous Troubles, Mind Wandering, Involuntary Blushing, Loss of Will Power, Rheumatism, Gout, Sciatica, Lumbago.
SECURES— Beautiful, Fashionably Correct Figure, Perfect Comfort, Graceful Blending of Contour, whether full, medium, or slender figure.

[It would almost be worth wearing corsets if they could do all that for you.  'New Vigour' - I could do with some of that. But did anyone believe the ad, I wonder?]

No comments:

Post a Comment